• Skip to primary navigation
  • Skip to main content
Contact
Beech Village Hall logo

clientsite.uk

  • What’s on
    • What’s on
    • Browse events
    • Booking information
    • Beyond Beech
  • Health & Wellbeing
    • Health & Wellbeing
    • Meet our Practitioners
    • Join our Practitioner community
  • Hire a space
    • Hire a space
      • Hire a space
      • Celebrations and Life Events
      • Children’s parties
      • Commemorations
      • Groups and organisations
      • Wedding receptions
    • Check availability
      • Check availability
      • Main Hall availability
      • The Wellhouse availability
    • Find caterers and suppliers
    • Packages and pricing
  • Community
    • Community
    • Community Groups and Clubs
    • Members’ corner
    • Browse Volunteer roles
    • Community information

The original printing works

21 July, 2026

The original building which became Beech Village Hall started life in 1894 as a printing works operated by Messrs Vaus and Crampton. In 1909 a private buyer acquired the premises, and in 1931 sold the property, by then known as “Hedge Grove”, to Beech resident Nellie Asser for £450. A year later, Mrs Asser transferred the property to the village for use as a village hall. The original structure housed a bar-lounge, kitchen and cloakrooms. Around 1960, General Morgan Owen bequeathed the recreation ground to the village. Both amenities are managed on behalf of the village by the Beech Village Hall & Recreation Ground Charitable Trust.

  • About
  • FAQ
  • Legal