• Skip to primary navigation
  • Skip to main content
Contact
Beech Village Hall logo

clientsite.uk

  • What’s on
    • What’s on
    • Browse events
    • Booking information
    • Beyond Beech
  • Health & Wellbeing
    • Health & Wellbeing
    • Meet our Practitioners
    • Join our Practitioner community
  • Hire a space
    • Hire a space
      • Hire a space
      • Celebrations and Life Events
      • Children’s parties
      • Commemorations
      • Groups and organisations
      • Wedding receptions
    • Check availability
      • Check availability
      • Main Hall availability
      • The Wellhouse availability
    • Find caterers and suppliers
    • Packages and pricing
  • Community
    • Community
    • Community Groups and Clubs
    • Members’ corner
    • Browse Volunteer roles
    • Community information

Our story

History of Beech Village Hall

The original building which became Beech Village Hall started life in 1894 as a printing works operated by Messrs Vaus and Crampton. In 1909 a private buyer acquired the premises, and in 1931 sold the property, by then known as “Hedge Grove”, to Beech resident Nellie Asser for £450. A year later, Mrs Asser transferred the property to the village for use as a village hall. The original structure housed a bar-lounge, kitchen and cloakrooms. Around 1960, General Morgan Owen bequeathed the recreation ground to the village. Both amenities are managed on behalf of the village by the Beech Village Hall & Recreation Ground Charitable Trust.  

Timeline

Please note the dates refer to when the project was finished…

2010
March 16
The major extension and refurbishment of the village hall

In December 2008, Beech was awarded a grant by the Big Lottery Fund towards the extension and refurbishment of the Village Hall. Combined with the funds already raised by the village, including grants from Hampshire County Council, East Hampshire District Council and Beech Parish Council, this meant that work could…Read More

1932
July 12
The inauguration of the village hall

in 1932, Mrs Asser transferred the property to the village for use as a village hall. The original structure housed a bar-lounge, kitchen and cloakrooms. Around 1960, General Morgan Owen bequeathed the recreation ground to the village. Both amenities are managed on behalf of the village by the Beech Village…Read More

1922
June 14
The lease of the recreation ground
1894
July 1
The original printing works

The original building which became Beech Village Hall started life in 1894 as a printing works operated by Messrs Vaus and Crampton. In 1909 a private buyer acquired the premises, and in 1931 sold the property, by then known as “Hedge Grove”, to Beech resident Nellie Asser for £450. A…Read More

Page 2 of 2 1 2

  • About
  • FAQ
  • Legal