History of Beech Village Hall

The original building which became Beech Village Hall started life in 1894 as a printing works operated by Messrs Vaus and Crampton. In 1909 a private buyer acquired the premises, and in 1931 sold the property, by then known as “Hedge Grove”, to Beech resident Nellie Asser for £450. A year later, Mrs Asser transferred the property to the village for use as a village hall. The original structure housed a bar-lounge, kitchen and cloakrooms. Around 1960, General Morgan Owen bequeathed the recreation ground to the village. Both amenities are managed on behalf of the village by the Beech Village Hall & Recreation Ground Charitable Trust.
Timeline
Please note the dates refer to when the project was finished…
2026
2025
2024
2021
2020
2015
2011







